3D Pro’s and Con’s
Every new product and technology that comes to market have pro’s and cons and 3D Matterport is no different. We want to make you aware of not only weaknesses but also Matterport’s strengths. Like all our clients we’re confident the strengths and capabilities of Matterport far outweigh weaknesses.
- Matterport Tours set you aside from the competition and give you an edge by leveraging the latest breakthroughs in computational photography.
- Extremely fluid virtual step by step walkthrough experience. This is made possible by the large number property scans – from 50-200.
- Photo-realistic 3D Dollhouse View – this is what sets Matterport aside from all other virtual tours. Zoom out and view your home as if it was a little dollhouse. Interact by rotating, zooming in and out and view each floor separately or all.
- New 360˚ Scans, can be used to capture outside views, etc.
- Photo-realistic 3D Floor plan View. View the home as if an Architect presented it.
- Measuring tools to accurately measure floors, walls, windows, furniture, fixtures and more. The Photography technology of the 3D Matterport is accurate to within millimeters.
- Auto HDR and white balance to optimize interior shots – darker rooms show up brighter.
- Annotate notes on the model for other to see. Useful when doing remodels or in sharing ideas with others.
- Capture and download unlimited stills from any 360-degree scan – size 1920 x 1080 pixels (approx 100-200KB) suitable for MLS.
- Tours viewable from mobile devices.
- Tag key features with Matterport Mattertags.
- Embed code for inserting into website along with links are provided to the client.
- Showcase link for public viewing – shows Matterport Tour, Walkthrough & 360˚ Views, Dollhouse, and 2D photo-realistic Floor plan view.
- Customized Single-page website with client’s tour and branding, etc.
- IR sensors do not allow for shooting in direct sunlight as the camera is optimized for interior shooting only. (Outside view can be shot in 360˚ mode, without 3D data)
- Windows without shades or blinds may display as overexposed.
- Chrome browser not fully supported.
- Limit of 200 scans per model or approx. 1000m² depending on property layout (there are exceptions).
- Cannot include detached garage, work shed or Casita into a single model – these would require a separate model.
- Takes time – up to 1.5 hr per 100m²
- Electrical interference may cause connection issues between Camera and iPad (WiFi).
- Proprietary hosting – only Matterport can host the models which come at a cost.
- A great deal of experience is needed for creating optimal results.